Here, on this page, you can find the brief notes of Data Analysis and Modeling according to the syllabus of Pokhara University.
You can easily access them by clicking the links below for the notes of Data Analysis and Modeling according to the syllabus of Pokhara University.
Unit I Simple Correlation and Regression Models:
Simple Linear Regression:
- Statistical model, Least square regression- assumptions, The standard error of estimate
- Coefficient of determination, Residual Analysis, Testing of the regression coefficient
Unit II Multiple Regression Models:
Predicting One Factor from Several Others
- Multiple regression model, The standard error of estimate, Coefficient of determination, Significance of regression model
- The measure of variation in the multiple regression model
- ANOVA- Table
- Dummy Variables
Unit III Index Number and its Construction Models
- Introduction, Definition of an index number, Uses of an index number, Types of an index number,
- Methods of constructing index number, Base shifting, Deflation, Cost of living index.
Unit IV Time Series and Forecasting Models
Unit V: Introduction to Optimization Models
Review of Linear Programming Model:
- Problem formulation, Graphical solution
- special cases, Duality in LP
- Initial Solution (Vogel’s Approximation Method), Final Solution
- Optimum Solution (Hungarian Method)
Unit VI: Network Models
- Introduction, Network Diagram, Project Evaluation, and Review Technique (PERT), Probability Estimate in PERT Analysis, Critical Path Method (CPM).