These are the notes of Fundamentals of Organizational Behavior according to the syllabus of Pokhara University. You can easily access them by clicking the links provided.
Unit I: Introduction to Organizational Behavior
- Concept and Significance, OB System;
- Basic Assumptions of Organizational Behavior,
- Levels of OB Analysis,
- Contributing Disciplines,
- Emerging Trends and Challenges in OB
- Determinants of Behavior – Beliefs, Attitudes, Values, Emotions, and Behavior
Unit II: Perception, Personality, and Learning
- Perception: Perceptual process, Perception, and Individual decision making;
- Factors affecting Perception
- Perceptual Errors
- Learning – concept and significance of learning, Factors influencing learning, Major models of learning – Classical Conditioning, Operant Conditioning, Cognitive learning, and Social Learning, Behavior modification;
- Personality: Concept, types, determinants, individual differences, personality attributes influencing behavior.
Unit III: Organization Structure, Group Dynamics, and Team Development
- Organization Structure – foundations of organization structure, Job design; Human factors in organizing; Organizational Culture – meaning, Importance, and characteristics of Organizational Culture.
- Group dynamics: definition and importance, Types of groups, group formation, group development, group composition;
- Work teams: types, team performance factors, Building effective work teams,
- Group decision making, Issues in managing, Group decision Making
Unit IV: Motivation and Leadership
- Motivation: Process of Motivation, Theories of motivation – need hierarchy theory, two-factor theory, ERG theory, expectancy theory, equity theory;
- Leadership – concept; Leadership styles; Leadership theories – trait theory, behavioral theory, Fielder’s contingency theory, Managerial Grid, Path-Goal theory; Emerging issues in motivation and leader
Unit V: Organizational Conflict and Stress
- Organizational Conflict: Concept, sources, patterns, Levels, and Types of conflict;
- Approaches to Conflict Management Traditional and Modern Approaches to Conflict Management, Functional and Dysfunctional Organizational conflicts, Resolution of Organizational Conflicts;
- Organizational Stress – concept, causes, consequences, managing stress
Unit VI: Interpersonal and Organizational Communication
- Concept of two-way communication, Communication process, Barriers to effective communication, Types of organizational communication, improving communication, Transactional analysis in Communication
Unit VII: Organizational Change and Development (OC and OD)
- Concept, Need for Change, Resistance to change, Theories of Planned Change, Organizational development; OD intervention;
- Learning Organizations – Concept, Characteristics, and Model of a Learning organization
If you liked our content HTML Editor, then Please don’t forget to connect with us through our social media sites. Facebook: Bcis Notes, Instagram: @bcisnotes, and Twitter:@bcisnotes.