This is the question set along with answers of 2016 Fall Object-Oriented Language, which was taken by Pokhara University.
POKHARA UNIVERSITY (2016 Fall Object Oriented Language)
Semester – Fall
Full Marks: 100
Course: Object Oriented Language(Java)
Pass Marks: 45
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words as far as practicable.
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Very Short Answer Questions
Attempt all the questions
Define the given keywords in nutshell: JDK and JRE.
List out the features of Java.
List java’s primitive data types.
What is the scope of a variable?
List out the uses of the super keyword.
List the types of access modifier available in java.
Difference between String Builder and String Buffer.
What is the purpose of the Simple Date Format class?
What is the two feature of java that supports reusability?
The list life cycle of Thread.
The answer to the above 10 questions
Descriptive Answer Questions
any six questions.
11. How does a package differ from an interface? Explain the Dynamic method dispatch with suitable.
12. What is multithreading? Write a program to demonstrate how to create the thread in java.
13. Explain the deadlock scenario in JAVA. Write a program to create your exception class.
14. Define Object and Class. Create a class time with required data members and member function to display the time format in HH:MM:SS after adding two-time objects given by the user and return
new time objects.
15. Write the difference between Array List and Link List? Explain the uses of Array List with an example.
16. Write a program to write an integer, double and Boolean data in a file called “Pokhara.dat”. And again read those data from the file and display it in the console.
17. Explain types of inheritance with suitable example.
18. Section “B”
Lincoln College is thinking of building a desktop-based application to keep the record of students of the colleges. You as a software developer have to design the prototype and present demo of the first phases of desktop-based application. You are requested to develop an application as per the question given below:
Figure 1: Login Dialog
a) Design Login Dialog same as in figure 1 with the following information.
Frame size is (250,130)
The title is the login form
The answer to the above case