This is the question set along with answers of Object-Oriented Programming Spring 2016, which was taken by Pokhara University.
POKHARA UNIVERSITY – Object-Oriented Programming Spring 2016
Level: Bachelor Semester: Spring Year:2016
Program: BBA/BBA-BI/BCIS/BHCM/BBA-TT Full Marks: 100
Course: Object Oriented Programming Pass Marks: 45
Time: 3 hrs
Very Short Answer Questions
- List any four java buzzwords.
- Explain JDK and JRE in brief.
- Variables in interface are by default abstract and private. Is it? Justify.
- What is the use of super keyword?
- List primitive data types available in java.
- Define Autoboxing and Auto-Unboxing.
- In java “String objects are immutable”. Explain.
- What is Exception? List its types.
- What is the purpose of the Simple Date Format class?
- Write two ways of using thread in java.
Descriptive Answer Questions
Attempt any six questions
11. What is garbage collection? Explain how Garbage Collection is done in Java. Differentiate method overloading and method overriding.
12. Write a Java program to accept 10 integer numbers from user. Find the sum, average and display the odd numbers.
13. What is inheritance? Explain types of Inheritance with suitable example.
14. Differentiate between Abstract classes and Interfaces. Write a program to create your own exception class
15. Explain any two layout managers that are available in Java. Differentiate Swing and AWT.
16. Explain lifecycle of thread with suitable figure. Explain character Stream and byte stream and write a program to read from console using Buffered Reader class.
17. What are the advantages of using Set interface in comparison to List? Explain the uses of Array List with an example.
Attempt all questions
The human Resource Department of Bhat Bhateni Supermarket is planning to develop a system that helps to keep employees. They named the system “Employee Management System”. In the first phase, you are hired to develop a system which includes a login dialog and dashboard. You are required to design a login dialog and dashboard according to the figure given below. With the help of the information given develop login dialog and dashboard of employee management system.
Figure 1: Login Dialog
a) Design Login Dialog same as in figure 1 with following
- Frame size is (250,150)
- Title (Login Frame)
b) Design another GUI as per figure2
- Frame size is (500,400)
- Title is (Dashboard)
- GUI consist of two Menu
- Department has four choices (finance, marketing, admin, human resource)
- Menu 1 has 3 menu items namely “View by Name”, “View By Department”
- Menu 2 has only one menu item “logout”
When a user clicks on add button then you have to accept all information from the dashboard form and
display all the information in Dialog Box using JOptionPane
Do like our page Facebook