This is the question set along with answers of General Psychology- Fall 2018, for the first semester which was taken by Pokhara University.
POKHARA UNIVERSITY – General Psychology Fall 2018
Level: Bachelor Semester: Fall Year:2018
Programme: BBA/BBA-BI/BCIS/BHCM/BBA-TT Full Marks: 100
Course: General Psychology Fall 2018 Pass Marks: 45
Time: 3 hrs
Attempt all the questions:
- Define a single unit method of psychology
- List out the different perspectives of psychology.
- Write about synapse.
- What is the process of perception?
- Clearly define a reinforcement.
- Differentiate between concept and prototype.
- How do you know the individual is mentally retarded?
- Why sex is called a survival motive?
- State stress with its types.
- Describe the term Id, ego and superego.
Attempt any six questions:
11. Describe the historical background of psychology.
12. Explain the functions and structure of the central nervous system.
13. What are the laws of the perceptual organization? Explain.
14. Elaborate on the observational theory of learning with its application in the field of the organization.
15. State the motivation cycle with suitable example in the organization.
16. Define thinking and write about problem-solving thinking with its steps and obstacles.
17. Explain personality with social cognitive theory and its importance with human behaviour.
Read the case situation given below and answer the questions that follow:
A person can never be a witch, but Mira Upreti was tortured for six hours in public o witchcraft allegation at Devkaliya of Ghadaghodi Municipality, Kailali, on March 8, by the team of Ram Bahadur Chaudhary, a self-proclaimed shaman, two of his aides, Kismati Chaudhari and Satarni Chaudhari had tortured Mira accusing her of practising witchcraft on the day that world was busy celebrating International Women’s Day.
Mira is not the first victim who suffered from the so-called Bhole Baba. He used to torture many girls and women, He would continue torturing them until the victims confessed that they were possessed by spirits, which they did because they could not bear the pain and the embarrassment of being groped and stripped before the public. Once his victim admitted to being possessed by evil spirits, Ram Bahadur made them stay at his ashram for 15 days as a part of a healing ritual. Villagers said it was only girls and women who had to stay. The male clients were never put through one of his lengthy healing rituals, nor were they made to stay back in the ashram for 15 days. Roshan Chaudhary, another villager said he witnessed 13 women tortured and harassed in public by Ram Bahadur in the last two months. The majority of villagers believe spirits, No one really dares to intervene when he tortured innocent girls and women because they feared him, Said Roshan.
- What are the motives behind such evil Practices in society? Explain with reference to social cognition and perception.
- Who will be responsible for such cases? (Government, Traditional Healer, or, Public) Write without prejudice?
- What would be suitable measures to change the perception of the public to reduce discrimination?
- If you were one of the witnesses of such cases what would you have done instantly with priorities?
You may also like Pokhara University || Fall,2019 || General Psychology